Melva Williams "The Healthy Hair Specialist", hosts formal and informal seminars. She gives out a wealth of information to the general public to be empowered when it comes to caring for their hair properly. The focus includes general hair care and physical health to include diet, exercise, stress, hydration, medication, hormones which are often overlooked but have a great impact on the health of one hair. Helps women to connect the dots how their medical issue and hair issues are related.
If you would like to book The Healthy Hair Specialist for your organization, church, book club, women's group, trade show, beauty school, salon or event please fill out the contact form found here on the website.
Here are some key notes:
1. How over exercising builds up testosterone and thins out women's hair.
2. When some women are going through hormonal issues they don't feel a need to take medication but that change effects their hair.
3. Stress is one of the #1 cause of hair loss, there are 3 main stress factors.
4. Women who have Iron deficiency but are not properly taking their iron or not enough will have problems with thinning hair.
5. Even after you have gone to the Salon and your hair is clean and your scalp continues to itch and you are drinking plenty of water. You could be low on vitamin D when you have you're yearly done always ask for vitamin levels.
6. It is impossible to have healthy hair if you do not drink water, you must hydrate yourself.
7. There are medications and environmental influences that cause hair loss.
8. Dietary factors that cause hair loss anorexia and weight loss surgery. How you really are what you eat, and it is affecting your hair.
9. There are foods that can aid in hair growth. Foods with B vitamins.
Your Stylist must ask you the correct series of questions to track down the issues you are having with your hair. But if he/she does not educate themselves then they cannot properly help you solve your hair issue. All issues are not external but most are internal, but there is a help.
When filling out the contact page please include these things: Type of Event, audience size, date, time , city and state, and budget. I look forward to speaking with you.
We are open from:
Tuesday - Friday
Closed Sunday & Monday
3317 Finley Rd. #230
Irving, TX 75062